Saturday, September 01, 2007

Total Lens Failure






A total bummer! This is the second one of these huge, expensive lenses I have been through; what is the deal? I'm referring to my EF 70-200 mm IS USM expensive rig. Every time it produces blurry, out of focus images. As difficult as it is to try to blame the problem on myself, I have let it slide the past couple of shoots wishing the cause was user error. Well, yesterday I took all the necessary precautions and still got sh&***y results! I have sent off an email to Canon's warranty department. We'll see how well they handle the situation.

Aside from that, Meeting Paul and his friend Richard was a real pleasure. Sure they walk around like they are all that and then some with their nifty camera equipment, but their company does make it tolerable. :) A couple of great guys. And a couple of great photographers! I'm sure there will be more photos and stuff on Paul and Dad's site. We spent most of the day in San Francisco and finished with a salmon dinner (prepared and cooked by the old man).

What the heck, I'll post some blurry shots anyway along with some shots taken with my working lens.

1 comment:

Monterey John said...

How frustrating is that?! Well, I enjoyed our day yesterday.