Friday, September 14, 2007

Peter, Paul, and Mary...Minus Paul and Mary






















Tonight Kayla's school was launching a new wing addition. To my knowledge they had announced that they would be singing "Puff the Magic Dragon" to honor this event. I had no idea that Peter (Peter wrote this song in 1959 I believe) would actually be singing the song. I remember seeing this trio either in St. Louis or Kansas City multiple years ago. I was maybe around 5. Nor can I remember who took me. It was either my father or mother or maybe even both of them when they were still together. Someone remind me. But I really remember them singing that song. "Puff the Magic Dragon lives by the sea, and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honnalee," or something like that. How cool. Any way...I had total freedom to shoot this concert and it was fun. Peter was a pro with all these kids. He brought 30 or so of them on stage and let them sing the song through his microphone. He was really touched that a 4 year old knew the words to his song word for word and almost shed some real tears. I'll share a few from tonight. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Monterey John said...

Oh my, memories. A hot muggy August evening at The Starlight in Swope Park in Kansas City before events overtook a young family. A sweet sadness.

Love you, Will.

Dad