Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Mail

Patiently waiting for weeks, checking the mailbox with serious anticipation and days of disappointment, today was the day. A great party for Ava's second birthday, pictures to follow, the letter I had awaited finally arrived, the pass/fail letter from the CHP. Sue and I crossed paths as I was heading back from the park to grab some steaks to BBQ and Sue was bringing the cooked beans from the house to our picnic tables. Sue asked, "Where are you going?" I explained the above. She requested I grab the piece of paper from her pocket due to her hands being full from the load of beans she carried. I grabbed the letter with the initials CHP on the return to sender section. I admit, my heart raced. Sue requested that I walk back to our picnic section to open the letter in her presence after I had finished my task back at the house. The letter went in my pocket and I started replaying the interview in my head. Fail, Pass, what did they think of me now?

I arrived back to our picnic section, immediately sought out Sue and opened the letter. "You have obtained a PASSING score in the state civil service examination for Cadet, California Highway Patrol (CHP)."

Back into backgrounds I go. I was extremely excited and visually saw myself moving forward once again. So, those of you they contact in regards to this matter, please do not disclose my addictions to heroin and hookers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Will!!! I'm glad that it worked out for you! When do you begin your training, Cadet?! :-)

Monterey John said...

That's my boy!