Friday, June 08, 2007

San Jose PD


So, the house is sold and we are moving to San Jose. A while ago I took a personal history questionaire which is the first step in applying to the San Jose Police department and passed. This was then followed by a seminar and a practice physical agility event. During the seminar I added to the possibility that police work would be something that I would really enjoy as a career for the remainder of my working days. There are a lot of different departments/jobs within this agency which excites me! Who knows what I could get into in the next few years. Also during the seminar I discovered that the written test would be a bit more of a challenge than the one I took with the CHP. Along with an essay there are memory questions. According to the practice test I took, these memory questions are hard! I passed the practice test, so that is a good sign.


I will be spending the weekend in San Jose again. This time, at 7:45 tomorrow morning I will be submitting mysef to this written/essay test. They grade the written immediately. If I pass, I will continue on to a 1.5 mile run later that afternoon. (CHP had a 500 yard run) I have to accomplish this in under 14 minutes. No problem. Upon completing the run I will move to the 6 foot wall that I must jump over in 9 seconds. I did it in 2 at the practice. Then, I will have to rescue an 85 pound dummy and drag it through a course which I passed fairly easily on practice day. Finally, I will have to run an obstacle course which I also passed on practice day. Assuming I pass all this tomorrow, I will be scheduled for the dreaded panel interview on Sunday. This is where you sit in front of 3 people and conduct an interview. Yikes! Luckily I have some practice at this also.


So, have a great weekend and wish me some luck.
PS-Yes I am still doing the CHP thing. I am slotted for the testing again in August.

No comments: