Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back From San Jose

Well, that was a fun filled weekend. All day Saturday I tested. Multiple choice, essay, 1.5 mile run, obstacle course, and rescue course. Passed everything. Only thing not graded thus far was the essay. Then there was today. A day in my personal history. The dreaded panel interview. Yikes! I have never "botched" an interview but the second I walked out of the interview room I knew this adventure was over for now. A large amount of attention was put into the city of San Jose itself and not knowing too much about the city I fumbled. As I continued to fumble on some 0f these questions I could feel my confidence fade. When questions were asked that I had rehearsed, and not only for this interview, but questions I've known to prepare for, for all interviews, I drew blanks. What the F was wrong with me? It was a downhill experience from the moment I sat down.

As I figured, when the assault was over, a sergeant came out and asked me a few more questions. He came to the conclusion that I was nervous and invited me back in December to try again.

Things that make me feel better about this. (aka Excuses)

1. Ava caused a large amount of lost sleep last night.
2. I am moving!! I am picking up my life and moving it to a new and strange place. And I want to make a complete career change at the exact same time? I really need to give myself a little bit of time to adjust.
3. The opportunity to actually obtain a degree is in front of me. Maybe psychologically I want to do this first.

So, this will be behind me and I will move forward again. Thanks everyone for wishing me luck.

No comments: