Saturday, January 19, 2008

Memory-Past


Not to many posts lately, hope everyone is doing good. I've been pretty busy with getting the photo business off the ground and am now back in school for winter quarter. My photo assignments are getting a little more involved now that things are getting more advanced. Our first assignment was to express a memory (past). I did a few test runs on the digital before committing to film and this is what I came up with out of the digital. Hopefully the film will turn out something like this. This chair reminds me of my childhood and the figure in the shot is my mother who will always be a part of my past. ...Items and people from my past that instigate memories of childhood. This is a single exposure and the only thing done in photoshop was the color adjustment. The shot was taken over a 30 second exposure in complete darkness. Everything was "painted" with a flashlight during this 30 seconds. Has a ghostly feel to it I think. What does it make you think of?

1 comment:

Monterey John said...

Excellent work, Will.