Monday, October 22, 2007

A Portrait of Kayla


Kayla was pretty much grounded last week which meant staying in her room, no tv, no toys, and only reading allowed. Thursday night, Sue was going out to play cards with the girls and I needed to work on some photo stuff. Portraits is one of our assignments and Kayla does not like to be photographed very much. "Hey Kayla, want to go outside and play with Ava? And no complaing that I'm taking pictures of you guys!" I got a definate yes; first the girls put on some makeup (still working on those). When they were done, we headed outside to play with chalk, the dog, or whatever we could find to entertain ourselves. I got this shot of Kayla. It is one of my favorites (of all my Kayla photos) and I would consider turning it in for the portrait assignment, however, I know her shirt is over exposed. Not too much I could have done about this except have her change it. White shirt, hard sun, and Kayla is dark skinned. I can't capture all that detail. Too late,...errgh. I like this one because 1. It is real B & W film 2. I developed it 3. It screams Kayla personality. I did my best with my scanner to scan the negative, which can't come close to an actual print. Or even an actual print being scanned. You can click on the photo for a larger image. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Will, it sounds like you're having fun with the 'real' B&W! I remember Kayla, and you're right, it does scream of her personality, if I remember correctly. Here, she looks quite serious.

You made her quite a deal: A shortened sentence in exchange for her cooperation. :-)