Saturday, January 27, 2007

California Highway Patrol


For those of you who know, I applied to the CHP about 8 or 9 months ago. I have always thought about a career that would offer me the opportunity to help other people on a daily basis but this year I finally took the necessary steps. My background investigator called me last night and told me that it was time to tell my current employer that I had applied with the CHP. This means that I am very close to a for sure thing. I finish my background investigation portion Tuesday morning and if successfull I will talk with a head doctor and a medical doctor to get clearance to enter the CHP Academy. Thank you all who have supported me throughout this process. With any luck and the right amount of determination, skill, and drive, I will be Cadet Wilson within the next couple of months!

4 comments:

Monterey John said...

Well done, son. "Proud" does not begin to describe how I feel about you. Go get 'em!

Love you, Dad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Will! This is your cousin, Sharon and family, in Caracas wishing you all the very best!

sharon_rossjones@eca.com.ve

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Will! Be careful out there!

Anonymous said...

The old man received this e-mail from his cousin Sandy in Miami:

"So, your son is now a CHP.

Allow me to share my memories of your son, Will.

The year is 1982. That was a pivotal year for me as I divorced my husband of 5 years, Michael Andre. I had moved back into my parent's home for protection from the variety of private inspectors and him that were tailing me day and night.

It was a late afternoon when you appeared at the door with wife and Will tagging along behind. As the afternoon progressed and the adults visited in the house, Will was a little bored and was following me around announcing he was now my new boyfriend. Much to my surprise, there was another knock at the door and me and Will answered to find my to-be-ex-husband standing there. I would not invite Michael into the house as his arrival was unannounced and there was a wonderful time going on inside so instead, the three of us stayed outside and sat on the steps talking. Will with his dark hair and intense eyes stayed at my side the whole time Michael was there and I swear, his chest was all puffed up to make him look bigger, my protector. Will was soooo cute. Michael finally said farewell and offered his hand to Will who stood up on the highest step and graciously took his hand.

Yes, I can see Will a CHP, there is no doubt in my mind that is his calling."