Sunday, May 06, 2007

What Lives in Your Garbage Can?





I can't recall an actual time I have seen one of these in person. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever seen one. This little lady was all too happy to surprise me as I lifted the lid of my outdoor garbage can. I decided that the best thing to do was exterminate her due to the fact that the child population is high in this area and we would like to keep it that way. She received a healthy dose of insecticide and then got my full attention for a little while as I documented her existance with my nifty macro lens. By the way, "The female black widow spider, though it is the most venomous spider in North America, seldom causes death as it injects a very small amount of poison when it bites." Seldom is good enough for me...SPLAT-she met the bottom of my shoe.

No comments: